that one time I craved cake and had no eggs...

I tend to want to make things spur of the moment.
Which means I don't have all the ingredients.
So I have to find recipes with things I DO have.

I was craving cake like mad Friday night and NEEDED it.
I asked the hubs if I could go to the store quick and buy a cake.
His answer was no.
I don't need it, he said.
My eyes bulged and I said, "BUT I'M PREGNANT!"
That didn't seem to matter.

My mind starts working overload as I try and figure out how to get a cake.
Without eggs.
Because I just used the last two this morning.
Then I remember I think I pinned a vegan chocolate cake.
Vegans don't eat eggs, right?
Ok, but what other weird things will the recipe call for in place of eggs and because it's vegan?
So I start searching my board and find the recipe and grit my teeth in anticipation as I am reading the ingredients.

Flour.
Sugar.
Baking soda and powder.
etc…..
Nothing weird.
I HAVE ALL THE INGREDIENTS!!!

I start preparing right away.
At 6:45 p.m.
The hubs comes over to me and looks over my shoulder and says,
"Are you really making a cake?"
Me: "Um yes. And you can't have ANY because you told me I couldn't go and get one!'
Hubs: "But you are getting a cake anyways. So don't you win?"
Me: "Well yes but you were mean so you can't have any. OH! And I am making something new so that means I am doing one of my resolutions!!" (more on that later)
Hubs: "Um yeah ok? Right! So I get a piece."
Me: Silence

So long story short.
I made a cake.
All thanks to this woman.
And this recipe.
Without eggs.
Thankyouverymuch.
And her pictures are prettier than mine, so I didn't take any.

Simple Vegan Chocolate Cake
by: Joy the Baker

2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour

1/2 c/ cocoa powder

1 1/2 c. sugar

1t. baking soda

1/4t. baking powder

1/2t. salt

1 c. warm coffee

1/2 c plus 1T. vegetable oil

2t. vanilla extract

small handful of chocolate chunks and/or cocoa nibs (optional)


I keep trying to write out the directions, however, safari keeps shutting down on me. 
So go here for the rest of the recipe.
My apologies!
My husband would tell me to stop using Safari and use chrome.
Yeah, yeah.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.