being the mom you were meant to be

I find myself reading parenting advice columns.
Comparing my parenting to someone else's.
Getting down on myself for doing something "they" said I shouldn't.
I really should stop. 
I'm Quade's momma.
The Lord gave ME him to take care of.
Nurture and love.
Not someone on the parenting blog.
It's all advice.
To be taken as a grain of sand and thought of as a helping hand.
Not the bible of parenting.
Yes, I understand that some things have been tried and proven to work.
BUT every baby is different.
It may not work for you, and the longer you sit thinking...
"Why is my baby different? Why isn't this working for my baby?"
You miss out on just that.
That your baby is different.
Maybe by trying something new and telling someone about it,
you will help someone else who has the same thing going on.
I know everyone has heard this before.
I just feel like daily I have to remind myself that I am being the mom I was meant to be.
Even if that means rocking my babe to sleep.
Not letting him cry it out.
Sometimes even catering to him.
I tend to be a slave to what others tell me,
not really following my instinct because it's not exactly what I was told would work.


I am not a parenting expert.
I still love getting advice from other momma's.
All I am saying is that for me, I need to not have it written in stone. 
I will be a much better momma by doing that.

Happy Thursday, Friends!
I like to pretend it's the weekend.
Grey's is on and it's one step closer to Friday.
I told the hubs about this and he looked at me and said,
"So how does that work for ya?"
I replied... "It keeps me sane for a little longer. So I'd say it works!"


He finally realized he can see himself. He tends to put his face on the mirror and blow bubbles on it.
Then looks at me with a great big smile.
Who needs other entertainment when you have this guy around?!




1 comment:

  1. Kelli,

    Your posts just get better and better. I can't even say how proud I am of you. Words can not describe it. I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.