Spring

we have been longing for spring.
warmer weather so we can go out and enjoy a walk. 
for the past couple of days it has been in the 30's, so we had to take advantage and go on a walk.
I guess that is the crazy Minnesotan in us. 
The cold has been putting me in a funk.
The end of winter seems to be doing that to a lot of people.

In my devotional today it rang such sweet truth...
"Your future looks uncertain and feels flimsy- even precarious. That is how it should be.
Secret things belong to the Lord, and future things are secret.
When you try to figure out the future, you are grasping things that are Mine.
This, like all forms of worry, is an act of rebellion: doubting My promises to care for you."
-Jesus Calling by: Sarah Young

It's really hard not to plan. 
And hope for different things.
But by doing that, I am not focusing on the here and now.
I tend to lose sight on the things that are happening right in front of me.
The thought of missing something Quade does because I was too busy daydreaming breaks my heart. 

While on one of our walks Quade kept leaning forward looking for Gibson.
He would laugh every time he caught sight of him.
That's how I need to be. 
Like a child laughing at their dog.
Soaking up that moment.
Not worried about all the little things.



1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts and keeping up on your day to day things. Makes me feel a little closer :o)

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.