little moments

normally when the hubs gets home from work it is 6:30.
I have dinner ready and waiting to be set on the table.
don't be fooled.
I do this because our sweet Q has a "witching hour" and is pretty cranky at this time of night.
so we have our routine.
eat. I pick up dinner dishes. Daddy gets baby ready for night.
that usually means I miss out on bath time.

last night was different.
dinner was not as I intended so I had to do a quick run to Subway.
I was flustered.
I get cranky when things don't go according to plan. (Wasn't I just talking about this?)
So I was missing out.
Too consumed on how we spent money on a dinner that we shouldn't have.
How there was too much mayo.
How Q kept whining because he was tired and was sick of cheerios and wanted to be nursed and put to bed.
But alas. It was bath night.
I told the hubs to eat his dinner and I would give the babe his bath.

as my sweet almost 8 month babe was splashing in the water, I soon began to relax.
watching him.
REALLY watching him.
wasn't he just 2 days old and I was holding his head in his baby tub so he wouldn't slip?
how he barely moved around, just laid there taking it all in?
now, he is rolling over.
splashing.
sticking his tongue in the water, and by accident his face.
playing with toys and propping himself up and giggling.
and moments later I was concerned about MAYO?!?!

it's going so fast.
lightning speed sometimes.
I need to be more aware of my priorities.
not wrapped up in petty little things.
my babe is growing and turning into such an amazing little boy.
I thank the good Lord for opening up my eyes now before it is too late.

too many of us put our priorities ahead of someone else's who really need us.
too wrapped up in our own problems.
our own selfishness.
looking out for ourselves.
then 5 years later we look back and think, "I should have done this... I should have said that."
well don't.
be here NOW.
you never know what tomorrow brings.
and I'm really glad dinner didn't work out so I could spend bath time with this handsome fellow...







1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how my heart fills with such pride and gratitude to the Lord when I read your posts. I have prayed since you were a little girl that you would want to be a stay at home mommy and love spending time with your babies like I did. Motherhood is such a sweet gift. The world minimizes our calling as Mothers, but God says it is a *HIGH CALLING* You are shaping the next generation!! You're right, you can never get this time back, so enjoy each moment, they go by so fast, too fast. Quade will thank you one day for putting him first, for loving him, for being there for him. He will be proud to call you his Momma!

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.