coffee date

One of my favorite blogs does a coffee date, and I love it.
She is really honest in it.
Sincere.
After all, you kinda poor your heart out during coffee dates, right?

So I would welcome you in, and I would have candles lit because everything is better with candles.
I would try and have something baked to eat because something of the bread form goes well with coffee.
I would offer you a cup of coffee.
But I couldn't offer you creamer.
We are cutting back and I decided creamer was not a must.
However, I struggle daily because I miss it.
It's the little things...
Or tea.
I have that too.
Then we would talk.

I would tell you that I am terrified to go on our trip next week and fly with Quade.
Not because I am afraid we will crash, well maybe, but more just because I hate ruining a routine.
Or just that I can't control anything involving airports.
Again, with the control, I know.

I would tell you that I am craving change.
But that change terrifies me.

I would tell you that I want another baby.
A girl, hopefully.
But we want to wait for a bit because I don't want a winter delivery.

I would tell you that more than ever I want to move closer to the cities.
Closer to our new friends so I can have something to do during the days.
And Trader Joes.
I miss that place.

I would tell you that I feel so blessed to finally have found a church where we feel welcome.
Where my husband actually wants to go.

I would tell you that as much as it hurts, I think it was a good thing my family moved out of state.
It has brought me closer to my mother in law and it is such a beautiful relationship.

I would tell you that in 4 months my baby turns one and it feels so surreal.
Where has the time gone?!

I would tell you that I get defeated easily and want to give up.
But I pray hard and try to keep going because I want to be the best dang roll model I can be.

Then I would ask how you were.
And we would talk about you, and your struggles and rejoices.

And that would probably be it.
Because the baby would probably be awake by now.
We would have to continue next week.
So maybe we will.
We can have a coffee date every Tuesday.
What do you think?



5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so wonderful, Kelli! You are a wonderful wife and mother and I know Chet and Quade are so grateful for you! Keep up the good work!

    Love,

    Bethany B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you so much Bethany! Miss you! Hope all is well!

      Delete
  3. I would LOVE to have a coffee date with you sometime! Just thought I'd drop in to say that.

    Miss you SOOOOO much Cookie Monster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I love coffee! We should meet half way and catch up sometime!

      Delete

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.