quick trip out west

We left MSP Friday afternoon at 3:00 p.m.
So far so good, and Quade was amazing the entire flight to San Francisco.
We arrived at 4:45 Cali time, ahead of schedule.
Got our rental car and our first stop...
In N Out Burger.
We had to see what all the fuss was about!!
Palm trees, warm sun, 60 degrees.
Just what this Minnesotan needed.

After our quick detour to In N Out we were on our way to Nevada.
4 hour 45 minute drive.
Quade ended up sleeping for 4 hours of it.

The drive through northern California was beautiful, we couldn't see all of it due to it getting dark.
Once arrived to my parent's house, it was a quick hello and then off to bed.

Saturday was slightly a blur.
Woke up... COFFEE and then the bride was off to get her hair done.
I stayed back to help my youngest sister with her hair and make-up and to finish mine.
At 9:00 a.m. we were off to the theater where they were getting married.
The excitement in Kaitlyn's voice, actions, everything about her, was priceless.
I am so happy we were able to make it out there.

As I continued getting her ready and taking care of the babe, I started to get emotional.
I so wish I would have been able to be there during the process of helping her plan.
To see everything come together and have girl talks.
But alas, I was not.

Anyways...
Picture taking, the bride and groom praying through a door so they couldn't see each other...
everything was going so well and beautiful.

When she started to walk down the stairs towards the stage, to become a wife, I didn't see her as my little sister anymore.
She was grown.
Absolutely stunning in her dress.
Ready to become a new role of wife and someday mother.
I was so proud of her.

At the reception she asked me if it was weird to see her kiss someone.
I replied with no.
Oddly enough it wasn't.
It felt perfect to see her kiss him.
Because he was meant for her.
And she had waited all this time, to kiss him.
Her new husband.

To say the wedding was beautiful would be an understatement,
It was so perfect for her.
I could not be happier for the new couple.

We headed back to San Fran at 4:30 p.m. Sunday.
The drive was stunning once we got to Northern California.
So glad we left early because traffic at 8:00 p.m. in California is not my favorite.
We found out that our plane was an hour delayed, so it would now be leaving at 12:45 a.m. Monday.
I felt so bad for Quade.
He was so tired and just ready to be done with this whole traveling thing.
We finally arrived home at 8:30 a.m.
It was such a quick trip, and in 38 days we will be doing it again for my youngest sister's wedding.

Warning... picture overload about to happen.



 

























































Feeling the warm sun on our faces was so needed!









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.