random weekend re-cap

I blinked and the weekend was gone.
Sometimes I just wish employers would randomly give a week off.
Wouldn't that be nice?
I went to look through my phone for pictures I had taken.
Turns out there wasn't really any.
I soaked up this weekend.
And apparently that means taking very few pictures.

We have had a rough couple weeks of not sleeping well during the night.
I took Daddy time pretty serious this weekend.

I signed up for hulu plus so I could continue to watch Downton Abbey.

The girl scouts found my house.

I received the BEST customer service from Gap.
It seems a pair of jeans I wanted were discontinued and the customer service gal called 5 different states to find me my size.
And she did.
And gave me free shipping.
And my same discount.
WHAT?!?!?!
Gap, I love you.
Oh, and then they offered me a job.
I'm seriously thinking about it.
They offer 50% off.
Sweet music to this Gap lover's ears.

Quade has started a new smile.
It involves wrinkling up his nose.
Showing his bottom teeth.
And then breathing really heavy.
It's pretty funny.
He melts my heart.

On Sunday, at church, I finally understood a few things about the Bible.
It was amazing.
Refreshing.
The pastor was talking about the old covenant that God had with Israel.
How "the law was created to keep sin under control."
If Israel obeyed the law, God would bless them.
But they couldn't.
So God created the new covenant.
Jesus.
He would fulfill the old covenant, the law, so we wouldn't have to in our sinful nature.
We are saved through grace, by Jesus.
Amen to that.
Such beautiful words, right?
(Clearly this is the summarized version. If you want to hear more, here is the recording... http://www.harvestwestminneapolis.org/blogentry.aspx?site_id=10354&entry_id=347261)











1 comment:

  1. (((Kelli))) You have no idea how proud Dad and I are of you. Reading the words you have written about church and Jesus is an answer to our prayer we have been praying for you for many years. We are so thankful that God has penetrated your heart and has opened your spiritual eyes and ears. We love you and pray that God continues to lead you and teach you. P.S. LOVE THE PICTURES!

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.